Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-4193dx - N5S04UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to figure out the BSOD on this laptop. I've updated the drivers via device manager(windows update). My attempts at using the HP Recovery program to update the drivers was a failure. I've managed to slow down the fequency of crashes. Laptop would crash every 2 hours, mainly while playing music, and wifi. I've been selectivly disabling hardware at this point to find the which device is not working correctly. Not sure what to try next.

I've run every test in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics /UEFI BIOS. Memory test full length, everything passed. Left it for a few hours at night everything was pass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its been awhile with no crashes.

I think updating and reinstalling  the Network driver was key:

Intel Wireless LAN Drivers 19.20.0.6 Rev.P Oct 14, 2016

Also I'm just going to leave the Realtek PCIE CardReader disabled until the next available driver update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Its like finding a needle in a haystack.. not sure if this is a related hardware error:

WHEA-Logger Event ID: 17

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x1
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D11
Class Code: 0x30400

This occurs constantly on this machine, since birth. I believe this is the "Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #2 - 9D11", the wireless card is connectect to this slot.

This might be purly anecdotal but disabling the "Realtek PCIE CardReader" seems to solve the issues.

Another speculation is the IRQ conflict between HD Audio and SMBus.. I assume these can share without issue or the BIOS would have given them each an IRQ.

HP Recommended

Its been awhile with no crashes.

I think updating and reinstalling  the Network driver was key:

Intel Wireless LAN Drivers 19.20.0.6 Rev.P Oct 14, 2016

Also I'm just going to leave the Realtek PCIE CardReader disabled until the next available driver update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.