Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, My HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0013dx now can not boot up at all since Septemper 2021. Neithor Windows nor BIOS interface can be displayed.
This trouble can date to August 2021. At first it just had occasionally blue screen lockups with one or several black stripes and then made system rebooting itself. Within two weeks, the BLSD error (sometimes the screen blurred) occured more and more frequently, and it could not complete the error info collecting process to make a system reboot. It happened no matter the system was operating in Windows or BIOS or Diagnostic Process. At that time I completed all the tests of HP PC Hardware Diagnostic tool but no hardware problem could be reported. Finally, the leather bound laptop can not boot up at all. The laptop screen stays the same no matter it's powered on or not. I've posted all the photos of this trouble experience in the [External Link Removed], hoping this helps.
My warranty of this laptop has expired. But since this laptop has been used gently for just two years, I really want to get it repaired, knowing it's not free. I've contacted with several local HP authorized repair center but none of them can help...
How can I get it fixed? Where to send my laptop?
Looking forward to any useful suggestions...
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mark-o_o-Lewis

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

That must be hard. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This seems like a hardware related issue if you have already performed the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899, No Power or no Boot and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the out of warranty service options for your computer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you very much for your reply.

However, I'm still in a dilemma. I'm chinese and now I have returned to my homeland, Hangzhou. When I reach out to different ways of HP Support in China, the rely is always helpless. Since this type of laptop is rarely sold in China, there is even no more any fittings, as they said. Both my friend in New York and the HP Support Agent in HP Community of China advise me not to send the laptop to America since it's hard and not cost-effective. Moreover, COVID-19 make it worse, while making myself not come to America in at least several years.

I've performed the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start, but  the issue persists.

So...I can not make up my mind what to perform now...

HP Recommended

@Mark-o_o-Lewis

Thank you for posting back. 

That's unfortunate. As the issue persists, please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.