Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
13-ap0063dx

My laptop has been stubborn since the most recent Windows update. It is having boot up issues the past month. Battery is charged and I see a white LED on when plugging in. I try all the tricks...press mute + power 15 secs, unplug peripherals, etc. 

I end up patiently waiting and then it magically turns on after it has made me frustrated to the point of cursing. But this is typically after 30-60 mins.  Today it's not working. 

Is this a known issue? Is there an easy fix? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So about an hour after I typed the above, I did unplug everything and hold power 15 seconds, wait a few seconds then press power...came up.  I did leave the laptop plugged in a while but power was 99% so it had a lot the whole time. 

Today... same issue. Has not turned on. 

HP Recommended

Updated BIOS. Same issue persists. I don't do much different. It's not a matter of something being loose internally. I plug/unplug power, same issue. Been trying for an hour now to turn on. PLEASE someone is there a fix? 

How do I unroll a Windows update? It's the only thing I can think of that changed the past 2 years. 

HP Recommended

Bump. It takes 1-4 hours to get my Spectre x360 to turn on. Surely SOMEONE has some thoughts? 

HP Recommended

Same problem only now if I follow the Windows power option and click Power Off it won't power up. I took out the battery. That worked the first time but now that doesn't help. It seems to turn on when it feels like it. Perhaps there is some sort of discharging that is looking to perform? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.