Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Anyway to replace this capcitor yourself? I have the same problem with my x360 and I'm also out of a warranty. I don't get how HP can get away with a systematic failure. They really should be repairing this failure for people who are out of the default warranty. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem and sequence of events with mine.  Just purchased in August, but don't have serial number.  I don't have email communications because I've moved out of my former office and have had email issues and twice lost emails.  Have the purchase receipt from Microsoft.  Dead in the water.  Help!

HP Recommended

I am having this exact issue my laptop is 14 mnths old and the Microsoft store I bought it from will not provide me with any support. Certainly there is some help that can provided seeing as this seems like more than a single isolated issue.  Can someone from HP please help me? I am very frustrated after aday wasted trying to get tech support on the line and the microsoft store not support thie products they sell. 

Tom

HP Recommended

Did anyone else get resolution on this? Anyone have a good customer service contact. I went through HP's website and was told I was out of warranty and to take it to a local repair place.

HP Recommended

Someone from the HP Customer Service team personal messaged me (I think he was a VP), and forwarded my issue to their service center. They ended up replacing my motherboard without cost; I'm still weary that this issue will pop up again in the future as it doesn't seem like they have a new revision of the motherboard. @Jeet_singh

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue as @JRHPhotofy. I purchased an HP Spectre x360 in July  2015 for CA$1610, therefore it is barely 1 ½ year old – and I’ve already had two major issues with it. It is in perfect condition and has never been dropped or mistreated. It works great, but it unfortunately is NOT reliable. First issue appeared in January 2016 and somehow resolved itself without any intervention after a week (the laptop would not power on for a week). Now, the second issue is that the laptop will not charge anymore. The laptop was functioning well and I got the low battery message which made me plug the cable to charge it. However, the laptop would not charge (the LED light did not turn orange) and my laptop eventually died because it had no battery life. I am 5 months out of the 1 year warranty period and HP said it would charge me CA$413 for repairs – my laptop is not even 2 years old! I find it completely ridiculous to have to fork out CA$400 in repair fees for what is supposed to be a "premium laptop" in the early years of its useful life especially when it has not been mistreated. I am seeing many posts on online forums from individuals that seem to be experiencing the exact same issue as me. It must be due to manufacturing or design issues on HP’s part if we are all experiencing similar problems. It is regrettable that HP is not owning up to the mass issue and leaving its customers to cover the charges. I will definitely think twice when purchasing an HP product in the future. @firstapex88, were you still under warranty? @SDJL, can HP offer another more reasonable repair fee option? 

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, and hope hp assist can step in for help. 

HP Recommended

I called an Authorized HP Service Center and recieved a phone number from them for technical support that I couldn't find anywhere on the website...***.  they acknowledged my computer and even passed on the serial number that I couldn't find.

Spoke with Hassan who was very helpful.  they're shipping a box to return the unit to HP for evaluation and the whole matter should be resolved in a couple weeks.  Kudos to Hassan and HP Tech Support!!!  Merry Christmas

HP Recommended

I am hoping that I get to that point. I have had the case transfered twice now, and have yet to get a resolution. 

HP Recommended

@jayeh, No my laptop was also out of warranty by a few months. My laptop had similar symptoms as your's: would not power on for a few days, and when it finally did it would not charge. I'm guessing the motherboard has a capacitor that needs to completely discharge before it is allowed to turn on again. Try calling the number that the other users suggested or direct messaging one of the HP support people on this forum. I had to go through the VP of customer service to get my motherboard repaired without paying (which is what they should be offering to all customers with this issue). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.