Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14cb-112wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was doing a regular automatic Windows/HP update over home modem 4G wi-fi as usual with the power cord connected...never had any issues before with completed downloads or installations of updates...so, while me and my daughter were doing housework, a newly set up printer next to the notebook was making the little table jiggle while setting up the new printer and cleaning inkjets and printing test pages...I suspect it knocked the power cord loose during the update...when I went to check the download/install progress, there was an error screen...I rushed to write down the error code, but the screen went black...the notebook will power on and off, but the screen remains black after one brief flash...no lights flash on either side of the notebook, no beep sounds either...please, I need to know how to fix it, I am pretty sure it got interrupted during the BIOS portion of the update...I do not recall the error code...this is my daughter's school use notebook, we need to fix it. I did manage to download all the updates onto a flash drive from my other HP laptop that I am typing on right now concerning this issue with the HP Stream14cb-112wm notebook...am wondering if I can get a double ended USB cord or even use an ethernet cable to connect the notebook to this HP laptop and use the USB flash drive with the downloads/updates to send to the notebook...I am not an expert, am self taught, but I need help to be sure I am doing this properly...I do not now the IP address of the notebook or its MAC address,  I cannot enable remote desktop assistance with the screen stuck being black. This is very upsetting, will wait for some helpful guidance. This has always been a good notebook, no damage or misuse, was a gift from a friend. Thank you in advance for some crucial help! my HP email is [Personal Information Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here are the specs from the hp.com website:

Product number
4AL70UA
Product name
HP Stream - 14-cb112wm
Microprocessor
Intel® Celeron® N4000 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory, standard
4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (onboard)
Video graphics
Intel® UHD Graphics 600
Hard drive
  • 32 GB eMMC
  • [12]
Display
14" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Keyboard
Full-size island-style keyboard
Pointing device
HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
Wireless connectivity
802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
Expansion slots
1 multi-format SD media card reader
External ports
2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only); 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
33.7 x 22.6 x 1.79 cm
Weight
1.43 kg
Power supply type
45 W AC power adapter
Battery type
3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion
Webcam
HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
Audio features
Stereo speakers
Software
Operating system
Windows 10 S 64
HP apps
HP Recovery Manager
Pre-installed software
Netflix; Skype (60 minutes/month for one year); VUDU
Software - Productivity & finance
Office 365 Personal 1-year
HP Recommended

@dawnjuan2019 If you are sure the issue occurred during the BIOS update, the first thing we need to do, is attempt to recover the BIOS and here's what we need to do:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the device continues to reboot with the error message for a few seconds on display, please click here for steps to disable automatic restart on failure, capture the error message and revert back to us for further assistance.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.