Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 13-b220
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a  HP Pavilion Notebook - 13-b220nd notebook. When I start up my laptop it gives the following error message:

HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low.
For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced.
Primary (internal) Battery (601)

When I continue my start up I can only use my laptop with the charger. When I don't use my charger it will shut down, because of lack of battery.
However, the strange thing is that occassionally the battery works totally fine for a few days. And then it starts to show the error again.

I've updated my BIOS but it didn't help.
Furthermore I have run several times the HP support assistant battery check, but after a few seconds it says: Battery test doesn't work anymore, searching for a solution' and then it shuts down.

Can anything be done to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @arija

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the battery on your computer. 

Kudos to you for updating the BIOS and running the battery test and trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you tried to perform a battery test from system diagnostics or HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you uninstall the battery controller on your computer and restart the computer. 

Shut down the computer. 

Disconnect the battery and the power adapter. 

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only the power adapter and power on your computer. 

Once the computer boots to the desktop. 

Open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall   Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Please delete the driver when prompted and restart your computer couple times. 

Shut down the computer. 

Install the battery and power on your computer and check if this resolves the issue. 

You can run a battery test from HP Support assistant as well. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @arija

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the battery on your computer. 

Kudos to you for updating the BIOS and running the battery test and trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you tried to perform a battery test from system diagnostics or HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you uninstall the battery controller on your computer and restart the computer. 

Shut down the computer. 

Disconnect the battery and the power adapter. 

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only the power adapter and power on your computer. 

Once the computer boots to the desktop. 

Open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall   Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Please delete the driver when prompted and restart your computer couple times. 

Shut down the computer. 

Install the battery and power on your computer and check if this resolves the issue. 

You can run a battery test from HP Support assistant as well. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I've uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and installed it again. And know the battery is working fine.

The HP support assistant battery test says the status of the battery is OK

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi i am using hp pavilion x360 13s102tu.
Last night i updated my laptop to the windows 10 April 2018 build and it started showing error that desktop is not found. Previously i was on Windows 10 build 1709.

I tried to reset my windows and after completing the reinsatlling of Windows 10 build 1511 i started getting battery error 601 that my internal battery is very low.

But before that my battery was working just fine. It was giving me 5-6 hours of back up and was charging fine.

But now it is not even charging.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.