Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HP Envy X360 will not start up. Help please. Charger is plugged in and no charging light, no sound, nothing

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @Jeromeclarke 

If there is no power led lit with the power adapter plugged in there are a couple of possibilities.

1) The power adapter is not working. The led lit, amber or white, means the power adapter is OK and the power circuit is good.

2) there is a short or open in the power circuit. A Mosfet or capacitor/resistor on the notebook's system board may have failed.

The notebook will need to be inspected and tested by someone who can troubleshoot to the component level if the power adapter is working.

You can test the power adapter for proper operation by plugging it into the dc input port of a notebook of the same model series as yours.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you @ Erico

I used the adapter on another computer and it worked fine. I think it is possible a failed component. Unfortunately, not very many people troubleshoot to a component level anymore. I took it to a repair shop and they just said they cant diagnose what the problem is. 

HP Recommended

Well, If you are going to toss it, sell it on eBay or give it away, I suggest that removal of the hard disk would be a good plan.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.