Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8560p Base Model Notebook PC

I just picked up this laptop from a university goodwill, and it does not power on. I was given a power supply, not exactly sure if it was the correct one, as the power charge light blinks in different patterns. [Content Removed] If anyone has any suggestions as to what this is, please and thank you. It’s a Hp elite book 8560p.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLUTION!!

I found a Dell power supply rated at the same power as the supply they provided me, and it powered on. Thank you all for the suggestions though!! 

40045316-04A2-4D01-B229-5288C24A9D12.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Jakob_s 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Follow the HP standard procedures:

(1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6kYmT7GLs

(2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(3) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
In this video, you will see how to fix an HP laptop with a black screen. If you can hear the fans and hard drives when you turn on your laptop but the screen remains black, follow the steps in this video to try resetting the laptop. Learn how to check the video card, recover the BIOS, and reset ...
HP Recommended

Hello @Jakob_s 

(1) Remove <battery>

Download --->>> Maintenance and Service Guide

Page 58 Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures

ub6424_0-1661359733857.png

(2) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hi! The first video is not an issue I’m having, although I did try to restore the bios from the second video. When I press the power button, the laptop lights do come on, for about 1.3 seconds, and then go out again. (Didn’t hear a beep after trying the bios restore either) I’m not exactly sure if it’s not getting enough power, or too much, that it can’t power on. Occasionally, it will flash all the lights when I press the power button, or simply not respond. 

HP Recommended

Hello! I have attempted to remove the battery and power on the laptop (by disconnecting the power, pulling the two tabs and lifting it out), when I reconnect power, it does not power on. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Jakob_s 

(1) Disconnect battery !

(2) Connect charger ( only )

(3) Power on notebook

(4) Please report your results

HP Recommended

SOLUTION!!

I found a Dell power supply rated at the same power as the supply they provided me, and it powered on. Thank you all for the suggestions though!! 

40045316-04A2-4D01-B229-5288C24A9D12.jpeg

HP Recommended

Great to hear ...

Good luck and "have fun" ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.