Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi @Ann28,

Thanks for reaching you. Smiley Happy . A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding the computer getting stuck on windows updates. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the computer’s complete model or product /3 and operating system used/
  • How long has it been stuck on windows updates?
  • Is it the Creators update from Microsoft?

• Please perform a hard reset for notebooks by clicking here.
  • If it issue does not get corrected, Please run extensive tests and component tests from this link and it takes 2 hours to run. If the tests fail, then the PC needs to be serviced by contacting HP Phone support. Please make a note of any failure code that may show up.
  • If it passes please check these third party links for further assistance.
  •  Link 1
  • Link 2 
  • Link 3 is a Microsoft link that could help.
  • Link 4 is a third party link that might help.
  • Please perform all the prescribed steps from these links patiently which might correct the issue.

Note: - Some of these are third party links. Please do not click on any unnecessary ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as these are third party links meant only for viewing information and following instructions relevant to the actual issue.

You could also check this HP forums link out for further assistance:

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is how to fix Windows 10 Failure Configuring Windows Updates

1- Right Click on the Start button to open the Start menu.

2- Select and open the Control Panel.

3- Under System and Security, click on Find and Fix problems.

4- Now in the next window find -Fix Problems With Windows Updates, under the System and security section.

5- Run the Windows update troubleshooter as administrator, and toggle the checkbox that says – Apply repairs automatically.

6- Click on Next

7- The troubleshooter will now run and process windows files for errors and issues.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fix-windows-10-failure-configuring-windows-updates/

HP Recommended
Nope. How can you click on START if your computer is stuck on the blue screen ?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.