Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My HP laptop is stuck on Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes, do not turn off your computer blue screen.  

The system would not configure after installing microsoft office.

The system will not go to the desktop so all the suggestions about system restore and fixes via the desktop are impossible.  

No matter how many times it try's, it restarts, goes to the HP screen, and goes back to the blue failure configuring windows updates  screen.  

The system came preloaded with Windows 8, so no boot disk available.  

Anyone please help

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @ford17 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your notebook failed a Windows update and will no longer boot. 

There is actually a document published by Microsoft for this exact issue. Have a go at it and let me know if you need any help with any of the steps or if it does (or doesn't) resolve your issue: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when y....

I look forward to your reply! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My laptop has developed the same problem, did you find a solution. Mine has been stuck in this mode for 3 hours now  

HP Recommended

None of the current board answers are helpful. I don't have a disk and cannot get past the blue screen message to select any options.

HP Recommended

None of these steps helps; no disk and cannot get past blue screen message. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended
Hi how can I get this off my computer and get it started
HP Recommended
Failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes do not turn off your computer please help
HP Recommended
Please help for fix failure configuring Windows updates reverting change don't turn off your computer
HP Recommended
Untill ??????????????
HP Recommended

Computer stuck on configerating Windows overnight.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.