cancel
ford17 Top Student
Top Student
1 0 0 2
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop stuck on Failure configuring Windows updates

My HP laptop is stuck on Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes, do not turn off your computer blue screen.  

The system would not configure after installing microsoft office.

The system will not go to the desktop so all the suggestions about system restore and fixes via the desktop are impossible.  

No matter how many times it try's, it restarts, goes to the HP screen, and goes back to the blue failure configuring windows updates  screen.  

The system came preloaded with Windows 8, so no boot disk available.  

Anyone please help

13 REPLIES 13
Retired
Retired
3544 3409 221 568
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ford17 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your notebook failed a Windows update and will no longer boot. 

There is actually a document published by Microsoft for this exact issue. Have a go at it and let me know if you need any help with any of the steps or if it does (or doesn't) resolve your issue: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when y....

I look forward to your reply! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
barry1960 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop has developed the same problem, did you find a solution. Mine has been stuck in this mode for 3 hours now  

0 Kudos
MTV01 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of the current board answers are helpful. I don't have a disk and cannot get past the blue screen message to select any options.

0 Kudos
MTV01 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of these steps helps; no disk and cannot get past blue screen message. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ford17 wrote:

My HP laptop is stuck on Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes, do not turn off your computer blue screen.  

The system would not configure after installing microsoft office.

The system will not go to the desktop so all the suggestions about system restore and fixes via the desktop are impossible.  

No matter how many times it try's, it restarts, goes to the HP screen, and goes back to the blue failure configuring windows updates  screen.  

The system came preloaded with Windows 8, so no boot disk available.  

Anyone please help

You can get the REcovery disk you have to order them from HP and then use them to restore you system back.

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
edemae34 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi how can I get this off my computer and get it started
0 Kudos
Sahir1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes do not turn off your computer please help
0 Kudos
Sahir1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help for fix failure configuring Windows updates reverting change don't turn off your computer
0 Kudos
Sahir1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Untill ??????????????
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation