Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After restoring my BIOS, several settings were blank.  I found the featurebyte and build ID, but I cannot find the System Board CT Number (apparently its 14-digits).  Without taking the whole machine apart to look for it, is there a way to look this up?  From what I have read, there is a team that has this info.  I could not find this info in the parts finder catalog by using  my S/N to lookup, though I was able to confirm the featurebyte and Build ID.  I did happen to have a picture of the board when I took it apart the first time to replace the CMOS battery, but I'd rather not disassemble it again unless I have to.

I went through chat for support and all they did was refer me to Authorized Service Provider (ASP) or offered to bill me for the help.  I find it hard to believe this isn't something HP can do as a courtesy with a 30-second lookup in some system. 

Anyone know who can find the System Board CT Number?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

DERP!  Shortly after writing this message, I decided just to check under the SODIMMs and sure enough, the "CT number" was starring right back at me printed on silk screen.  It was broken up into 2 lines, but still the 14-digits I was expecting.

So anyone looking for it, be sure to check under the memory modules since they are easy to access (1 screw and pop off the panel).

CT Number under SODIMM slotCT Number under SODIMM slot

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

DERP!  Shortly after writing this message, I decided just to check under the SODIMMs and sure enough, the "CT number" was starring right back at me printed on silk screen.  It was broken up into 2 lines, but still the 14-digits I was expecting.

So anyone looking for it, be sure to check under the memory modules since they are easy to access (1 screw and pop off the panel).

CT Number under SODIMM slotCT Number under SODIMM slot

HP Recommended

Glad you got it sorted.

Take care,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.