Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

tbh, I'm not sure if I'm running windows 10 64 or 32, I'm using the default it shipped with

So, what happened was first my computer would boot up fine, but it would "lock up" occasionally. I would be watching a video, click to a different tab, stuff like that, and everything would become unresponsive and freeze (didn't just happen to my browser, would happen even with my search bar). Restarting and giving it a moment would fix this problem, but it got to the point it happened 20 or 30 minutes after start up. I decided to do a reset, chose to not save my files (didn't do a 100% wipe though) because there's nothing critically important, and I thought it could be a virus. Did the wipe, got an error a good bit in that the wipe couldn't be done (I do not remember the exact wording). Tried again, same thing. It directed me to some options, chose the launch windows 10 normally one, just to see if I was still having problems. Did this, and what would happen is computer would boot up, HP logo, cycle back to computer boot up, HP logo, it was in a loop. Waited a good hour and a half to two hours, would not stop. Turned computer off manually and on a few times, same problem. Turned computer off then on, f2, system quick test, and I got the error in the title

FAILURE ID: QBS97X-82L863-XD7WMA-60WD03

PRODUCT ID: P1A95UA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

As your notebook shipped with Windows 10, it is probably still under warranty, so contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

As your notebook shipped with Windows 10, it is probably still under warranty, so contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I'm failing at using the forum sorry

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, but I finally got on to trying to get this fixed, I checked your link for "if you live in the US". but the url seems to be a uk one, and the number isn't a US based one, is it possible to get a 1-800 #?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.