Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion DV7-3000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:

My DV7 has 8GB and for some reason 4GB is unavailable because it shows up in the task manager as Hardware Reserved: 4GB (note this does not always happen).  According to the MS tech (the last of about 10 including doing 2 Windows 10 refreshes (not clean installs)),  I need to enable memory mapping in the BIOS.  However, there is no such setting in the standard Bios options. 

Is there an advanced setting option for this bios that can be enabled and if so how is it enabled.  Also, is there a setting in the advanced section that will allow the memory mapping to be enabled ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CheechG

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

To conclude, the VRAM on your PC is already shared with a specific value and it's locked and cannot be changed.

And, to get the answer to this question, It's not possible to do any memory changes in BIOS.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.  
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.