Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g4
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have 6GB RAM installed but it showing 4.5GB hardware reserved and 1.5GB useable there is no option in BIOS(Insyde) to set hardware reserved memory. How can I fix this

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that does seem awful high.

There is only one thing you can do to see if you can fix the problem...

1) Go to Start and type msconfig into Search Programs and Files Box, or select Run and type msconfig.

2) When the program appears in New Box above click on it. A new program window will appear.

3) Select BOOT TAB

4) Select Advanced Option

5) UNCHECK Maximum Memory if it is checked.

6) Click on OK to close and again on OK to close.

7) Restart the PC.

If the maximum memory box is not checked, then I'm afraid it is what it is.

HP Recommended

Yes, the maximum memory box was already unchecked.

HP Recommended

Is there any way to update my BIOS. Note: there is not any option in BIOS to update it any other way to update it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.