Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp 15g-br105tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know if I could access bios advanced settings in my hp laptop.Because I need to change the boot order of my laptop gpu from integrated gpu to dedicated radeon 520 and change boot order from hdd to ssd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aghora 

Laptops that have two graphics chips have something known as Switchable Graphics -- and Windows determines which chip is used, based on the graphics demand.  You have no way of manually changing that because the BIOS settings are locked.

If one of the chips uses Nvidia drivers, they may have a setting where you can do this, but if the chips are Intel and AMD, you are stuck.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aghora 

Sorry, but apart from business notebooks and some high-end gaming PCs, accessing Advanced BIOS option on HP PCs is not possible.

Some OEMs lock out the advanced BIOS options to prevent customers from making changes to options that can destabilize or otherwise damage the PC -- and then send it back for repair under warranty claiming they did nothing to it.

I know only SOME of the advanced options are risky, but it's simpler to disable access to ALL advanced options than to allow/disallow on an individual option basis.

That's the course of action that HP has chosen. No one from here is going to provide you any means of getting around that.

HP Recommended

Okay,I understand your concerns.Then can you please tell me how to switch my dedicated gpu as primary,because it is really important.Even though I have a dedicated gpu,my laptop graphics is worse than ever,during gaming and even video editing.I contacted amd community and they advised me to change my video settings for higher fps.But since dedicated gpu is not switched on I don't have these option (additional settings) in my graphics driver.Even worse the windows 10 (v2004) don't have necessary switchable graphics drivers and old ones aren't compatible either.please help me with this issue,I am begging for a little improvement in my laptop.

HP Recommended

@Aghora 

Laptops that have two graphics chips have something known as Switchable Graphics -- and Windows determines which chip is used, based on the graphics demand.  You have no way of manually changing that because the BIOS settings are locked.

If one of the chips uses Nvidia drivers, they may have a setting where you can do this, but if the chips are Intel and AMD, you are stuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.