Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Children put a password on a working laptop HP 255 G7 on the ssd m2 Sandisk x600 sd9sn8w-256G-1006 (when the computer turns on, the hard drive asks for a password before loading the Windows) and we can’t use the laptop.
The SanDisk SSD Dashboard not support sanitize the SSD because it have OEM firmware.
The information on the disk is not important to us. How can I completely erase the password disk so that it can be used further?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anhelina 

Sorry to say this, but it might not be possible.

If you remove the SSD from the laptop and connect it, using an adapter to another PC, you might be able to install the SanDisk utility on the other PC and run it.  But my guess, is that it will not work.  Also, I used to utilize this same utility but recently, it was updated to Western Digital, since they apparently bought SanDisk, and the new version does not appear to work with SanDisk drives, only WD.

Another possibility would be to use a partitioning utility to perform a "secure erase" of the drive -- I put this in quotes because it is not the hardware function the SSD manufacturers provide but a software function that writes zeroes and ones to the drive -- so if it works, it takes a LOT longer.  But it might be the only thing you can do.

You can get one of these utilities from here:  MiniTool Partition Wizard 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.