Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EHP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxxxample: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New device.  One month old.  Exactly the same out of the box.  Have applied all HP and MS updates, firmware etc.  No difference.

Issue: If I select restart from within Windows, it shuts down within seconds, but takes 1min 51 seconds to get to begin to restart.

Nothing to do with Windows.  The laptop just sits there and takes that time to get to POST (i.e. before Windows).  

I can't spot a relevant BIOS setting.  Any advice gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ITPro2000 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest you use the built-in msconfig tool to change the boot timeout:

• Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box.
  • On the boot tab, configure the Timeout option. Then tick the checkbox Make all boot settings permanent.
  • Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.

Click here to initiate the PERFORMANCE TUNE UP CHECK, revert to me with the results.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ITPro2000 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest you use the built-in msconfig tool to change the boot timeout:

• Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box.
  • On the boot tab, configure the Timeout option. Then tick the checkbox Make all boot settings permanent.
  • Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.

Click here to initiate the PERFORMANCE TUNE UP CHECK, revert to me with the results.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.