molimonstr
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp spectre x2 not charging

Hp Spectre X2

Hi! 

My Hp Spectre X2 detachable went off cause i i forgot to charge it but when I plugged it in the power outlet, it doesnt show any orange light to indicate that it is charging. tried both usb c port but still not charging. please help! thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,038 16,950 956 1,077
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@molimonstr

Welcome to HP support community.

Check with an alternate power cord/cable.

Try connecting to another wall outlet.

Are you using a adapter or just the USB-Type C while it was charging before as well?

Reply with requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
molimonstr
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did check all of your suggestions before I even posted here.. Anyways, I brought it to the hp repair center and they found out the motherboard was damage.. Im very much disappointed with your product cause it only lasted for a year and a couple of months. It broke down just in time after the year warranty. How is that for the quality of your product? are your products really meant to last a year or two? with the cost I paid I was expecting atleast 4 years for dependability... this is very disappointing! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,032 18,021 1,195 1,853
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@molimonstr,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
molimonstr
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so I received an email the other day from Hp support. guess what i got? I got an APOLOGY!! and informed me that the warranty expired (which i already know) and that there is no issue with the model.. so obviously your product really last for only a year. I should have dont more research.. Im an IT teacher and will never ever buy or recommend any of your product anymore!

PS.

wanted to post this here so people from the community see my experience with this product. Don't buy this piece of crap!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
molimonstr
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so I'm posting this here for an update for anyone who is thinking of buying this product. my laptop still not working. it was sent to the Hp repair center. It was diagnosed that it has a defective motherboard.. motherboard stop working after a year and 2 months right in time after the warranty expired. then I was quoted a price for replacement. I was offered a 30% discount because this case was escalated by an Hp Admin but after checking the price of the brand new laptop for the same model, I found out that it's gonna cost me the same as buying a brand new one. so now they are sending the laptop back and to and unrepaired and gave me an apology for a defective motherboard! Thanks a lot HP! This was a waste of time and money! this model of laptop is garbage. don't buy any of the upper range model cause it doesn't last long and you won't really get any support. 

0 Kudos
molimonstr
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is so disappointing!!! 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation