Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion G6 1200tx notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp pavilion G6 1200tx notebook laptop and I want to switch from legacy to uefi boot but I cant .and also I am not getting advanced tab bios name insydeh20 f.66 rev 3.5

Pls help me how to unlock advanced tab and where do I get uefi to legacy option in bios

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Manavsahu01 

Such an option would be in the basic settings and if you are not seeing them, your model does not have the option to make that switch.

You can not see the Advanced Settings because HP has them locked out.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

How to unlock the advanced tab in bios

HP Recommended

The Legacy option si gone forever, due to incompatibility with new processors.

If you wanted to boot with legacy to use an old software, the best thing to do is :

- install windows 10 UEFI, forget Legacy

- install VMware player or VMware Workstation on your Windows 10 environment

- install Windows 7 on a new VMware virtual machine

- install your old software on this Windows 7 virtual machine

- enjoy your old software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.