Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillon G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
When I type the incorrect password I get this code 59413992 in bios setup. What administrator password should I use.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Cjalpha88

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Please, try to enter this >> 46571314

as a response code.

This should let you enter BIOS, start your PC, unlock your BIOS and/or reset security settings.

Let me know if this works for you. Mark the post as a solution if it worked.

Don't hesitate to post again if you face difficulties.

* Note - I merged your two posts into one single thread so that we keep it all in one place.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hi. I have a hp pavillon g6 and when I type the incorrect password for administrator password in bios setup I get this code 59413992
HP Recommended

Hi @Cjalpha88

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Please, try to enter this >> 46571314

as a response code.

This should let you enter BIOS, start your PC, unlock your BIOS and/or reset security settings.

Let me know if this works for you. Mark the post as a solution if it worked.

Don't hesitate to post again if you face difficulties.

* Note - I merged your two posts into one single thread so that we keep it all in one place.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Thank you. It worked perfectly. Your amazing.

Now I'm trying to factory reset the laptop but I don't find that option anywhere.
HP Recommended
How can I factory reset my hp pavillon g6?
HP Recommended

Hey @Cjalpha88

Thank you for posting back. I am glad you managed to unlock the BIOS.

If the computer originally comes with OEM type of Windows [a.k.a. Windows preinstalled by the PC vendor - HP], then there are 2 ways to factory reset your HP computer - either by using the built-in recovery partition

or use original HP Recovery media (DVDs or USB drive)

* Using the built-in recovery partition

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's built-in recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there on the HDD (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery process.

Here are detailed instructions about this method > http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&section=ccweb&SFS=tdoc&language...

Note, that if there is no F11 option or if this method does not work, the PC does not have a recovery partition or it is broken, or the model never had Windows preinstalled. Another method will need to be used. Let me know how it goes/provide updates.

HP Recommended
This unfortunately did not work. I still don't see the recovery manager to factory reset. Is there any other way?
HP Recommended

Please, provide your full HP product model and the product number (PN). Instructions how to >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

If the PC originally came with Windows preinstalled by HP but the recovery partition is not working, the only other option left is to use original HP Recovery media kit (it will reinstall Windows, apps, drivers and will turn the PC to factory default condition)

If the PC never had Windows preinstalled, F11 option will not be available and no recovery partition is expected to be present.

Could you provide the model/PN and also describe what is the situation with the PC - is this new for you, does it run Win 7, was it ever upgraded to newer OS such as Win 10, how come both the BIOS and Windows did not work. Let me know the details, please.

Thanks for the clarifications.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.