cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Tarman2990
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I hard reset my laptop and deleted all files and now I cant start it up and i has been 2 years

HP Recommended
15-af148ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

this is 15-af148ca (touch) notebook and I can't start it for about 2 years now. The problem started when I wanted to delete all files and just factory reset my laptop basically but now i'm stuck in the options screen of trying to start up the laptop and every time I try to start it just says there was an error starting correctly so I even went in the bios and tried cleaning drives and fixing drives but I can't start my laptop any way other than the ways I just told there was also many other attempts but those still never worked I have tried a lot of things on YouTube they don't work hopefully somebody here can tell me there is a solution to this madness.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
145,031 68,592 22,827 35,003
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try clean installing W10.

Make bootable W10 USB installation media by using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the USB installation media by turning on your PC, and immediately press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that, select the USB flash drive with W10 on it and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the W10 installation media and the installation process should begin.

When you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click Next, and W10 should install.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Notebook - 15-af148ca (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation