Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@Fer1805 wrote:
Any suggestions?

Did you try HP UEFI diagnostic program? If it is not installed, you can download it.

Press F2 on boot. There will be "Firmware - Bios rollback" option. You can try this (though it did not work for me).

You can also try installing bios files from that menu, but you need first exract them to external flash disk.

HP Recommended

Looks like there are 2 bios providers for your model, insyde (f.08) and megatrends (f.17) or something. You should install corresponding to your system (which is propably insyde).

HP Recommended

I do have the UEFI installed, but there is no option to do anything with the BIOS, there are options to check memory and hard disk.

HP Recommended

Where did you see there are different BIOS providers? I can't see that on the BIOS details....

HP Recommended

FIrst, I would like to thank you for your support so far. 

I just reisntalled the EUFI, I can see the option to manage the BIOS. There are options to downgrade and upgrade the firmware in the EUFI. I tried creating a USB to downgrade to (F.05) and upgrade (to F.17), the EUFI can detect the USB but NO files can be found inside the USB (like it is empty). The USB is formated to FAT32.

HP Recommended

Try first press rollback option without flash disk. It could keep previos version for case like that.

If it's not working, make sure you unpack correct bios and select correct partition from UEFI diag. menu.

HP Recommended

It says there is no image, hence there is no way to rollback without USB. I made sure I accessed all the partitions looking for a valid BIOS and no file is found even if the USB created with the utility is plugged in.

HP Recommended

Did you try to install f.05 from windows?

HP Recommended

Yes sir, I tried that through Windows too, the option to install from Windows is greyed out, the only 2 options available are to create USB and to copy BIOS image.

HP Recommended

Well, then I don't really have more ideas.

You can try to run the F.08 installer again. It should be able to run the bios write process (at least the same version runs on my pc). Then load bios factory default settings and see if it helps.

Also it may be worthy to download the latest drivers and update them, it is still might be possible that bios is not the problem.

Otherwise what is probably only left is to bug HP support for more qualified help. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.