Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Thanks for that. I'll be calling HP tech support next week. I'll revert back to this post to provide an update on the resolution.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Also, before I contact HP I will update all the drivers (which I did before the BIOS was updated). The issue started after the BIOS update from F. 05 to F. 08. HP will likely request to update all drivers before proceeding any further.
HP Recommended

I haven't got much luck with HP on the phone. They just keep trying to update drivers hoping that would fix it, but it is not fixing anything. Not sure why HP would release a BIOS that worsen the laptop performance.

HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq002au

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your time. 

Doing more self trials on this issue (while HP scracth their heads...), after some BIOS tweaks and formating the USB in different modes, I was able to ge the EUFI to read the USB with the firmware on it. There is an option in the EUFI to 'rollback firmware' and I can find the appropiate BIOS image in the USB, but as soon as I click on apply changes, there is an error : ' signature cannot be found'.

Any suggestions?

HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq002a

HP Recommended

@Fer1805as soon as I click on apply changes, there is an error : ' signature cannot be found'.

Any suggestions?

Alas, no. I get exatly the same, otherwise I would gladly rollback myself. Thats why I was sceptical about downgrade from begining.

Did you try to install your current bios again? Did it work?

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

Yes I reinstalled the same BIOS (F.08) a few time hoping there was a glitch in the installation and it might fixt the issue - it didn't fix the issue. 

This is frustrating. I'm about to give up, throw the laptop out of the window and buy a new NON HP product.

HP Recommended

There is new update KB4343909 for windows, which adresses some issues, resembling yours.

• Addresses an issue that causes high CPU usage that results in performance degradation on some systems with Family 15h and 16h AMD processors. This issue occurs after installing the June 2018 or July 2018 Windows updates from Microsoft and the AMD microcode updates that address Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715 – Branch Target Injection).

HP Recommended

Thanks for that, I appreciate the follow up. I think I already have the latest updates installed as I checked last night and said it is up to date. I'll check again today and see if I have that particular version installed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.