Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn1000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot Boot into windows

Am receiving the blue screen with "Inaccessible Boot Device" Message and then error code 0xc000000f. 

Tried to run the system diagnostics with all ok result.  So the SSD is apparently ok, despite the "inaccessible" message.

Each time I try to boot it returns to the same blue screen, before any windows logo.  Unable to boot to Safe Mode, tried all of the F8 startup settings.  Can't access any other windows repair options.  Tried hard reset and tried restoring BIOS settings to default; neither helped.  

What else can I try?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tedb44, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The "Your PC needs to be repaired 0xc000000f" error is directly related to your computer's Windows boot manager. When this happens, your Windows operating system won't able to read the booting configuration data and will inform you to repair your computer. And there are three major reasons behind this error code, which are:

· Reason 1. Boot Configuration Data is missing or damaged

The first and foremost reason is BCD is missing or corrupted, which can also be concluded from the statement on the error code screen. Boot sector virus, power outage, disk write errors and mistakes made while configuring BCD manually can result in BCD missing and corruption.

· Reason 2. System file is damaged

If your computer is turn off suddenly due to power failure while it is in the middle of upgrading Windows or writing important information to the boot sector, as a result, the system file could be corrupted and trigger this boot BCD 0xc00000f issue.

· Reason 3. Data cable is faulty

If you have used a same data cable for years, it might get deteriorated over the time. Then the faulty cable can cause read and write errors to affect the operating system loading process.

Use the recovery media to reinstall the OS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I understand the reasons but how can i solve this please?

It is disappointing to experience this as the laptop is only one and half years old now (and wasn't cheap). 

It is also hindering my ability to work from home.

HP Recommended

I have tried reinstalling and you did not provide me with a media cd with the laptop

HP Recommended

@Tedb44

I'd suggest you try cloud recovery. Here is the document HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool that can help you with the steps.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.