Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 17z-ak000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to connect an external graphics card to my laptop so as to use a 30-inch desktop monitor with high resolution.  I've disconnected the WiFi antenna from its socket (replacing it with an outboard, USB antenna) and connected the external graphics card to that socket.  Now, I need to configure the system to direct  video output to that socket.  This, I'm pretty sure, requires a change to the BIOS.

The BIOS is up-to-date.  However, I am unable to see where in the BIOS I would make the necessary change.  Any help?  Is there a third-party BIOS I could install that would give me the option I need?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pcrowley203 wrote:

.. I've disconnected the WiFi antenna from its socket (replacing it with an outboard, USB antenna) and connected the external graphics card to that socket.

@pcrowley203 

Oh ! what is a good idea. Believe me, it is not going to work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Tell me more.  I've watched several videos on YouTube in which this has been done successfully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.