Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 with Audio

I recently buyed a HP Thunderbolt Docking Station G2.

The docking is connected to a screen with a DP cable, and two of the USB ports availible on the DS are used for a mouse and a keyboard.

I have 2 pc's (HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0804nz AND HP ENVY X360 - 15-cn0650nz0) , and the docking station work properly just with one of them (the first), which I mean my 2nd computer don't turn on, don't ibernate, don't wake on, ecc... (nothing happens, the DS light's on) if I press the power button on the Docking station. Both pc's looks very similar, and has the same ports.

When the DS is connected, both the pc does battery charging.

I tried everything, such as enabling the power management by the device's options.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Of course, the C ports are not the same, but, as you could notice on the specs, the 1st has (the one that works fine):
"1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge"

and the 2nd has:
"1 USB 3.1 Type-C  Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge"

They are the same, exception for the DisplayPort version (1.2 vs 1.4).

Maybe I need to be clearly:

The DS is the one with the Audio module, so i can control the volume and the call from the DS directly.

Both PC's haven't Thunderbolt, BUT one works fine (didn't nothing with pc setup) and the other works partially.

Both PC's have the same setup for hybernation and suspension.

With the first PC, I can connect it to the DS when turned off, and staying lid, I can turn on it using the power button of the DS (the DS does some vibration and everything goes on). When i close the lid, the PC continues working with the DS. If I use the buttons for the volume on the DS, they works. If I press the ON-OFF button on the DS when the PC is ON, it hybernate.

Instead, the second PC, when turned off and connected to the DS, lid closed, if the power button of the DS is pressed nothing happens (the DS does some vibrations and DON'T turn on). When connected with the turned on PC, it works, but if I close the lid it goes on hybernation, and I can't wake it u with the DS button, I need to use the mouse and the keyboard. When the pc is ON, and i press the ON-OFF button of the DS, nothing happens. To have the right resolution and the resizing, I need everytime to close and re-open the lid (with Hybernation).

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lyuk93 

USB-C ports on them are not the same

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06042958

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06343486

They are NOT  Thunderbolt™ 3 ports.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @Bahnien,

Thank you for reply.

Of course, the C ports are not the same, but, as you could notice on the specs, the 1st has (the one that works fine):
"1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge"

and the 2nd has:
"1 USB 3.1 Type-C  Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge"

They are the same, exception for the DisplayPort version (1.2 vs 1.4).

Maybe I need to be clearly:

The DS is the one with the Audio module, so i can control the volume and the call from the DS directly.

Both PC's haven't Thunderbolt, BUT one works fine (didn't nothing with pc setup) and the other works partially.

Both PC's have the same setup for hybernation and suspension.

With the first PC, I can connect it to the DS when turned off, and staying lid, I can turn on it using the power button of the DS (the DS does some vibration and everything goes on). When i close the lid, the PC continues working with the DS. If I use the buttons for the volume on the DS, they works. If I press the ON-OFF button on the DS when the PC is ON, it hybernate.

Instead, the second PC, when turned off and connected to the DS, lid closed, if the power button of the DS is pressed nothing happens (the DS does some vibrations and DON'T turn on). When connected with the turned on PC, it works, but if I close the lid it goes on hybernation, and I can't wake it u with the DS button, I need to use the mouse and the keyboard. When the pc is ON, and i press the ON-OFF button of the DS, nothing happens. To have the right resolution and the resizing, I need everytime to close and re-open the lid (with Hybernation).

Thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply,

Unfortunately don't solved my issue,

I edited the post right now

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.