Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Bios
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to install new windows 7 in my HP Probook 4540s , but i cant.

Keyboards dont work in bios, i have try to type F10 or F9 and all of it and dont work. When windows open keyboard work normaly. Can u help with that.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Thelamp1 -- does your keyboard have a key labelled "FN" ?

If so, hold-down that key, while in BIOS SETUP mode, and touch one of the F-keys.  Does this achieve your desired result?

HP Recommended

i try but dont work.

HP Recommended

@Thelamp1 -- can you take a good photo of your keyboard, and post it here?

On some modern computers, a USB mouse can also be used to "click" to various screens, when the laptop's keyboard and/or touchpad and/or arrow-keys are not accepted.

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 16.00.46.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.