Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook TPN-W122
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I start the pc, I can access to the bios with F10 for exemple, but after that, the keyboard doesn't work and I can't navigate along the differents menu with the arrows key and the function keys, Esc, Enter don't work.

After booting again, I can use F9 to access the boot manager, but I can't navigate in the menu.

The keyboard works fine on Windows.

In the bios, if I plug an other keyboard, it works fine.

Hope my english is good enough to be understood, thanks for your time

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I did a reset of the bios, loading the default settings with F9 :

- after rebooting and entering the bios with F10, no change, the keyboard was unusable

- I pluged an other keyboard and disabled the Secure Boot and after booting everything is ok with the laptop keyboard

- With the laptop keyboard I enabled once again the Secure Boot and after the reboot the laptop keyboard is still ok to access the bios and navigating in it.

So, everything is ok... Thanks for reading. Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.