Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-db1000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey I have been trying everything to get my laptop to charge properly now i have had it for 12 months now and literally the day its warranty ends Christmas eve the laptop stops charging whenever i turn it on, this is a laptop I use very often so I have to use it until it turns off,  is this a bug? I have checked the system over and as far as i can tell it is not a hardware issue as I have used different chargers and both chargers work fine in another laptop and the battery must be fine because its charges when turned off or in sleep mode?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would check the battery out with HWmonitor app this will show indication of wear your battery. I have also corrected the problem by going into the device manager deleting acpi battery and ac adapter, shutting the system down fully, disconnecting the battery, letting it sit, then powering up without the battery and connecting the battery during windows session. If the battery isn't removable not much you can do but just delete the drivers from the device manager disconnect when off let it sit and reconnect. During the battery disconnect phase you can hold down the power button to discharge every bit of current from the motherboard  when unplugged this also helps with various power issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.