Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My dm4 has the same problem and only the caps key blinks during startup and the fans are on.Keep tre laptop in same state and it might turn on after some time as mine does.I don't know what's d problem is but the man in hp service centre told me mah mother board is gone.So my sugestion if u r out of warrenty never think to go to the service centre as I have my personal experience they will charge u 350rs diagonosis charges and tell u  a lie .Also I have seen that man lying to  a lot of other people about there RAM and motherboard cases.The hp support centre are really cheaters

HP Recommended

don't care. Check the date, I posted this years ago. 

HP Recommended

hi,

I have an HP ProBook 4320s, it won't turn on, and Caps Loks doesn't stop blanking.

can you help me please.

HP Recommended

google.com

HP Recommended

I did not read anyone's post, so I apologize if this was already covered.  But, I wanted to describe what worked for me (as this just happened to me).

I tried several things people had suggested, but this is what finally worked for me.  Remove the battery and leave it out for AT LEAST 15 minutes.  I'm not exactly sure how long I had it out (maybe closer to 20-25 mins?).  Once I put the battery back in, it started working again.

I tried this because I called the HP support number and they had me try this same method, but they had me only leave it out for 5 minutes.  Once I put the battery back in after 5 minutes it still wouldn't turn on.  The tech lady then said I should send it in and it would be about $200-$250 to fix the CPU (which is what she said broke).  Not satisfied, I left the battery out for 15-25 minutes and it finally worked.

HP Recommended
Hello, I have an HP Pavilion DV6 3120us laptop. I was watching a movie on my laptop while it was plugged in and it all of a sudden turned off. I tried to turn it back on, but the power light will not turn on. I tried taking out the A/C adapter and battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds and that didn't help.
HP Recommended
hi i have almost the same problem . i have a hp laptop window 8 . after drop it broke . hard drive came off guard about and the back covers broke . and it olny blinks once when i push the power button it dont even boot up no fan or hard drive spining.
what can i do to fix it?
HP Recommended
what i do to fix my laptop i need really bad.
HP Recommended

I have this neo laptop that only blinks when I turn it on. So I search the internet. Some say: Pull out the battery, some say push the power for ten seconds and or push the function key. It won't work individually. What I've done is I remove the battery then plug it and pushing down the function control and then power it up. Then it works. That is on my neo laptop.

Try it nothing to loss.

HP Recommended

Thank you never heard of holding down a power button with all power removed but it certainly worked for me 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.