Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

in our school we run AD/WDS and I am very diligent to make sure that all our laptops (around 60 of same kind) are updated to the same stage... I have experienced on 2 devices that they get into a stage where they can only be rebooted by pressing Windows Key, Backspace and Powerbutton for 15sec and am wondering if there is any explanation out there what this key combination actually does, in order to find out if I have a systemic issue coming my way or if this is just a "fluke". I would like to know what gets a laptop into that state in order to counteract - if it e.g. was a driver issue. Hardware checks are all returning successes, Windows is running perfectly too. A long shot, but maybe someone can shine some light into this for me

cheers

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

which windows 10 version is installed ?

Did you try to update BIOS and drivers using HP Image Assistant ?

bye

HP Recommended

yes, BIOS is up to date... that might have resolved issue, but I can not be sure, hence I would like to know what causes the issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.