Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2112nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When pressing the power button the laptop does not turn on, it doesn't show any signs of a life, I pressed for more than 30 seconds but it still does not turn on.

Only for some 10-15 minutes it would do the following:

1. I would do a short press like how I would do normally to turn it on

2. The power button blinked, and when I plugged power chord the led that sogbals charging as well (which was white because the battery was full anyway). They would blink in sync and their were all long 3 second blinks with 1 second pause between one blink and the next.

3. Only when I pressed again for longer than 15 seconds, the power button turns off again

4. I would not hear any sign of activity coming from the computer, no sound, no clicking, yet when I left the blinking on for a couple of minutes to see if that would change anything the upper left quadrat of the notebook, near the power button, was warm.

After some minutes though it stopped, and now it doesn't show any sign of life whatsoever. 

All I know is that the battery was fully charged from the day before, it's an internal built-in batter so I can't remove it as I still have 4 months of warranty left.

I will contact the support tomorrow morning to see if I can send to repair under warranty, but I wanted to know if there was anything whatsoever that I had forgotten to do to solve the problem, regardless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amaranto Have you attempted to connect the device to an alternate power cord or adapter?

Or check with another wall outlet, excluding any surge protectors to check if it works?

While you respond to that, here's  the best way to resolve the issue, using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Amaranto Have you attempted to connect the device to an alternate power cord or adapter?

Or check with another wall outlet, excluding any surge protectors to check if it works?

While you respond to that, here's  the best way to resolve the issue, using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. 

All your suggestions were useful, unfortunately turns out my motherboard was dead and the hp center had to substitute it for a new one, I'm lucky the laptop was still under warranty.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

@Amaranto Better late than never 😉 

And that's awesome, I'm glad the repair sorted things out,

That said, if you need anything else, you know where to find us! 😉

Take care and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.