Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc553nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop doesn't boot. Light on power button blinks. I can hear fans starting 1-2  seconds and then stop. repeats after app. 10 seconds.

Opened back cover, disconnected battery. Repositioned RAM module, Power "drain" for 30 seconds. Reconnected everything.

Tried BIOS recovery via the Windows + B button - didn't work

Tried BIOS recovery via USB Flash drive didn't work, although fans started to run on higher speed for around 10 seconds and then switched off after having constantly pressed Win + B for app. 40 seconds.

Now I am out of options. Please help as this is my daughters laptop she needs for her study. Laptop is out of warranty, but only 3 years old

type: HP Pavilion 15 - bc553nd. 

Regards, GJ65

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had same issue with my HP Pavilion 15 CC178cl Core i7 8th Gen. Unfortunately, the laptop was out of warranty and nearest HP Customer Support Shop was thousands of KM away from my home. 

I went to my nearest laptop repairing center and they replaced the RAM in my laptop and now its working perfectly fine. However, I would recommend clearing Fan of your laptop before going to repair center because repairing can be sometime expensive.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Is your problem resolved for now. I have the same issue. HP is out of bounds to me for now and I don't trust the local repair guys due to a bad experience. Kindly share your experience. Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.