Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
x360 Pavilion T5M33AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a x360 pavilion awhile ago, and I even spent extra money to get more ram (6GB)

It was pretty fast when I first got it, but now it's super slow. I just use it for writing word documents and internet browsing.

The disk usage is always 100%, even when it it just sitting there with nothing open.

I've tried all kinds of things to fix this, like defragging, updating all dirvers, etc...

Nothing has worked. I'm wondering if someone here can help me get this resolved, as it slows my productivity.

Details:

Model: 13t-u000

P/N: T5M33AV

Thank you for your time.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @linksg,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding the computer being super slow and having performance issues. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

Commendable diagnosis, superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off you on that score. 🙂

• Have you run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to eliminate hardware failure?
  • Did this happen after a windows or software update do you remember?
  • Have you run virus and spyware scans on the machine?

• For a start, please perform complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to ensure that the hardware is fully functional.
  • If any failure code gets displayed for a failed component, then please make a note of it. The computer needs to be serviced as it could have a hardware failure. Please run both extensive tests and component tests. It takes about 2 hours to run.
  • If all the tests pass, then please run virus and spyware scans with very reliable security software to quarantine them or delete them if found.
  • Later please perform all the prescribed steps from this document for slow performance issues. Please perform only those steps that have not been done yet by you.
  • Also please perform all the prescribed steps from this document HP PCs - Using Task Manager (Windows 10, 😎
  • Please check which process is eating up CPU and computer resources and make a note of it Then follow all the steps mentioned in the document to try and resolve the issue.
  • Please check this Microsoft document for enhancing performance issues and perform the relevant steps.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First off, thanks for the reply.

There are no viruses, and it didn't start being slow after an update, he just kind of came out of nowhere.

I have not done a diagnostic test yet, but I will sometime this week.

The weird thing is that no certain proccess is using up large amounts of disk, and cpu. Yet the disk usage is always displayed as 100%, even when there does not apear to be a strain on the disk.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi @inksg,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Great effort and commendable persistence to try and get the issue resolved. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is greatly appreciated also.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would like to say "thank you" because your advise is so polite and comprehensive....

But your help is so random and cover's a dozen potential, but no specific fix, it seems that you are basically admitting

"I DON'T KNOW what your problem is and I can't help but I am going to throw out a dozen random possiblities (which will divert you and just get you to give up trying to find a fix)"

Sorry for the rant, but I have to say, after a year of frustrations  (with a 4 yo HP and a brand new HP, "Thanks for Nothing" :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Are you seriously referring us to a Win7 troubleshooting guide?. That's a 2-3 generation old OS. This is a Win10 problem that I have had for over a year with a 4 yo HP and a Brand New HP

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same symptoms with Model 15-CC023CL.  It is doing this right out of the box.  Incredibly slow due to 100% disk usage.  Any actual solutions for this?  I will be returning the product if a resolution is not found in short order (next 2 days).  I can't even open a browser unless I am willing to wait several minutes.

To original poster - did you find a solution?  Thanks for the detailed write-up.

Phil

HP Recommended

Same problem with my HP laptop bought new in 2014 (after installing Win 10 a year ago)

Same problem with my HP laptop bought new this August 2017

I've tried a dozen fixes over the course of a year.

-Update Drivers

-Update Bios

-Reset Computer

-Restore Computer

-Reload Windows 10

-Restore

-New Hard drive

-Ran UEFI Diagnositics for 24 hours

-Disable Superfetch

-Disable most Startup apps

-I've killed (End task) HUNDREDS OF APPS and System Apps running in task Manager

-Virtual Memory something or other

-A half dozen Other So-Called-Expert Solutions

NO SATISFACTION. STUPID ME FOR BUYING A2nd,  NEW HP after the first problem.

STUPID ME FOR NOT RETURNING THAT NEW HP within the retailer 15 day return period.

Don't make the same mistake as me. Return yours now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.