Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop gets completely frozen and stuck at random times and its getting really frustrating. I tried calling support but it doesn't seem to be working and I am just losing all patience. I cant do any work on this device. I am scared that i will just end up with this expensive machine which doesn't even work. My 20k rupees laptop works better than this 😕

Please just share any information that could help me. I tried so many trouble shooting options like bios update, drivers update, windows update, hard reset (local reinstallation) , etc. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Welcome !

Is this is a brand new laptop (purchased recently) or you have been using it for a while ? If the second, then what changed, what is new in the situation ?

Let's start with this. Open this article >here< and follow the purple button (Chat now). Follow the interactive Virtual Agent's troubleshooting steps.

1) Try first with "Randomly or right after start up"

2) Try also with "With certain apps or programs"

Basically, it will guide you to perform hardware tests to rule it out hardware problem.

Also, it will ask you to update Windows, BIOS, drivers, apps

It may ask you to scan for malware/viruses, consider overheating.

Follow the steps exactly as they are. Note it may take a while to complete them, so be patient and be prepared.

Let me know how it goes and provide detailed reply what happened. Thanks!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I bought it 4 months ago. But it always had this problem, it used to freeze at random times but not as frequent. These days its very frequent. I have to force shut down it every time it freezes and my laptop is getting slower because of that. 

It feels like Ive developed this phobia, whenever i touch my laptop i am scared to find out that its frozen yet again. And it's messing up my anxiety really bad. I need this to work fine for my college work.  

I've tried that virtual agent thing you suggested, most of the steps didn't help me and then it suggested advanced troubleshooting which i am not really comfortable with doing it myself. Isn't there any way an engineer can be arranged who can come to my house and do it? Or maybe i can take this to a service centre and they should do it for me? It's still under warranty so i assume that wouldn't be a problem. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Abhishek1618 

The forum here is not the official way to reach to HP support so I cannot arrange service for you based on your post here. There are various users, experts, technology enthusiasts here in the forum. You can explore warranty service options here >> https://support.hp.com/in-en/contact-hp

Usually phone or Whats Up contact options where you will get in touch with HP Support department.

Based on the type of your warranty and coverage types, there will be different options available (onsite visit, bringing device to service/offsite warranty, etc)...

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have been in contact with 3 support agents by now. None of them could fix the issue, and they even closed my case-number for some reason. 

HP Recommended

@Abhishek1618, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the system performance is not satisfactory. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps. Let us try these steps:

Click here to run a performance tune-up.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

If the issue persists, let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result in your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message.

My device is completely updated and i check for updates manually every single day. 

I also performed the test you mentioned and it showed no errors. WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 10.31.13.jpeg

What should i do next? Please guide me. 

HP Recommended

@Abhishek1618

In this case, let us perform cloud recovery.

Follow the steps mentioned in this document - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It requires a 32GB pendrive and i don't have it. I cant buy it now because i am a student with a tight budget, and i already exhausted all my savings in buying this Laptop. I hope you understand.

I don't understand why i have to do all the work and purchases when my laptop is under warranty. Isn't there any way i can take this to support centre and they fix it for me? It's under warranty after all. 

HP Recommended

@Abhishek1618

In this case, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.