Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I own an Hp Pavilion laptop I have owned this laptop for over five years and just today I had a problem ,Just as I pressed The power button it blinked once really fast ,but the laptop itself did not turn on, I honestly do not know what is going on but the laptop was connected and the battery connection light is working,

Can someone please help me I need to do my homework on that laptop and I need to get it to work as soon as possible. Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @KawsOfficial 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ...

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

It looks something like this:

ub6424_0-1661563642695.png

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information about the computer. This is not sensitive data.

It is allowed to publish it in public.

HP Recommended

Hello Thank You For Replying The Product Number For The Laptop Is 

Product Number:   J7L34UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hello @KawsOfficial 

Follow the HP standard procedures:

(1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6kYmT7GLs

(2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(3) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
In this video, you will see how to fix an HP laptop with a black screen. If you can hear the fans and hard drives when you turn on your laptop but the screen remains black, follow the steps in this video to try resetting the laptop. Learn how to check the video card, recover the BIOS, and reset ...
HP Recommended

Hello again Im sorry to say but it didn't work:(

HP Recommended

Hello @KawsOfficial 

Do you have the possibility to remove the battery ?

(1Disconnect charger

(2Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(3Connect charger

(4) Follow the HP standard procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(5) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

I can't do the bios reset because the B key does not work on my laptop 😞

is there anything else I can do ?

HP Recommended

Hello @KawsOfficial 

(1Use another computer to create <USB flash drive>

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.46 Rev.A10.0 MBApr 30, 2018Download

(2) Reflash BIOS

--->>> BIOS Recovery Reinstall with USB

(3) Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.