Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G6 1200TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp laptop which I brought 5 years ago. A few months back it started shutting automatically after every 30 minutes. When I restart it, it agains shuts after 30 minutes. I even scaned for virus, but 30 minutes are too short for the complete scan (even in safe mode). I hope that I get the solution here.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @GEEK4GAMING,

Thank you for your reply !!!

Again iam sorry to know,

Since the unit shutting down even before the tests complete on the BIOS screen, Its definitely issue with the Hardware.

To resolve this system board needs to be replaced. 

If your PC is under warranty, Then HP will service it for you 

If No then you will have to take it any nearby computer repairs and get it fixed.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @GEEK4GAMING,

Welcome to FORUM !!

There are 2 things to undertand,

1-Whether its a Hardware issue 

2- Software issue ( Windows Operating System)

Go to BIOS screen, by tapping F10 at the start up. Stay there and see if that shutsdown.

Now If YES,  Then its a Hardware issue. Post back.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you @GBL84,

It is a hardware issue. So is there anything I can do about it?

HP Recommended

Hello @GEEK4GAMING,

Sorry to know,

Now the next step would be Test all the Hardwares of the unit. 

Tap F10 and go the BIOS , Perform all the tests and post back. 

All the Best !!!   

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello @GBL84,
Thanks for the reply but the laptop shuts before the test completes. Is there any other way?

Regards,
GEEK4GAMIMG
HP Recommended

Hello @GEEK4GAMING,

Thank you for your reply !!!

Again iam sorry to know,

Since the unit shutting down even before the tests complete on the BIOS screen, Its definitely issue with the Hardware.

To resolve this system board needs to be replaced. 

If your PC is under warranty, Then HP will service it for you 

If No then you will have to take it any nearby computer repairs and get it fixed.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Thank you @GBL84,
My laptop will be fixed soon. I am sorry to take so much for your time.
Thanks again for all your help
HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @GEEK4GAMING , You are our prime concern .!! :generic:

All the Best !!!     Thanks for being a member !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.