Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 9EW67EA#ABU

After use of power button, power light will light up, then go dark after some time. The longer the laptop is left between uses of the power button, the longer the power light and the laptop screen stays on. For example, after waiting overnight, I was able to log in and open File Explorer before the screen turned off. Pressing the power button shortly after resulted in the power light only being on for five seconds and the screen not turning on. When the laptop is able to load the login screen, crackling or popping noises occur.  I do not know the source of these. Laptop remains able to be charged and is displayed as fully charged when screen is on. Any support would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Andrew_1191 

My guess would be that it is overheating and crashing because of that.  The longer you leave if off, the cooler it gets and the longer it takes to reach the temperature where it crashes.

You could try cleaning out the vents with compressed air cans that you get from an office supply store.

Unfortunately, we have no diagnostics to check the fan, so if it you hear it running, then it is probably OK.

You could try using a laptop stand that has fans in it to see if that cools it down enough to keep it on.

Not much else you can do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.