Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc183cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 15-cc183cl Laptop used to boot from USB recovery medium OK. I installed an M.2 SSD. The HP diagnostic software and the Samsung Magician indicate the SSD is working OK. My laptop will no longer boot from the recovery USB thumb drive nor USB hard drive.The BIOS still indicates the USB Key / USB hard drive are the first to boot via UEFI. I did not enable legacy, because it worked OK before. The UEFI portion of the Boot does not include hard drives.

I cloned the SDD from the HDD, but I am afraid to make it the boot until I can boot from recovery medium.

I made an HP recovery to an SD card, but it will not boot either. I wanted to change it to a USB stick, but I used up my only chance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not Yet, but that is the next logical thing to do, Thanks for your advice.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Does it boot from USB when you unplug the SSD?

HP Recommended

Not Yet, but that is the next logical thing to do, Thanks for your advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.