Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-bw024na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Laptop just went blank midway through using it with good battery life. Tried rebooting (with battery and adapter out) and nothing happens. When charging cable is connected orange light sometimes comes on but not stable. Tried all suggestions on other forums with no avail. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@At2301,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the laptop won't turn on. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Was there any update which was interrupted or did you shutdown the computer improperly?

Does the laptop shutdown right away if the charger is disconnected from the laptop?

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it helps?

Did this happen after a power surge or power outage?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to folow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Alternatively, you can also go through the steps from this link: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So Hi Jeet,

Sadly none of your advice is helpful. As I mentioned, we cannot reboot the computer so this wasn’t a great suggestion from you. 

Whilst awaiting a response on the community, we rang HP support and they diagnosed the issue as the motherboard nending to be replaced. So we’re tasking steps to get a new motherboard to see if this fixes the issue. 

Thanks for the help but I will not be acceoting this solution for the moment. 

HP Recommended

@At2301,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you were able to get in touch with our HP phone support and they were able to address your issue immediately. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.