Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I upgraded the BIOS system. It changed my security settings and now I am unable to log in. I cannot reset my password as I do not have a password reset disc. I have always logged in with a pin and it will not allow me to do it. I do not remember the password previously used. Is there any way I can fix this or reset the password without a disc?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HarmonyS 

Local Windows password policy does not use a PIN; instead, it uses a password.

If you were entering a PIN, you were using an MSN account -- and you can change the PIN for that without requiring access to the PC because it is maintained in your online account.

To have to go to your MSN account and login to change the PIN.  We have no access to that information, so we can't assist you in this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.