Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Loud noise on startup. Now changed battery and still loud noise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I definitely was the fan. I took it apart, clean it well, put it back in and now no more noise.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If laptop is making noise during startup, the two biggest culprits for excess noise in computers are fans and the hard disk.

Computers can also make noise if any components have come loose and are vibrating against the frame of the computer.

You can tell which it is by opening the computer and seeing where the noise is coming from when you boot up. 

HP Recommended

I definitely was the fan. I took it apart, clean it well, put it back in and now no more noise.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Good to hear that you solved the problem, wishing you a very joyful New Year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.