Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Model 2000-2b19WM
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've seen similar posts abut my problem, but not specifically the exact same. I just replaced the system board in my HP 2000-2b19WM. On bootup, It tells me the BIOS Product Name, Product Serial Number, and Product Number. The other post I've seen only talks about the CT Number which is already populated. How do I enter this information? The web address given on this error page is about as clear as mud. I am planning on restoring this PC back to factory specs. Will this or a BIOS update help my issue? I've attached screen shots.

0115190014.jpgSystemInfo.jpgI am planing

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@middletown0211

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your notebook is not booting up after replacing the motherboard.

This looks like a hardware issue.

I request you to contact Phone Support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on "Continue as guest".
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for my tardy response. I tried the route you suggested, sandytechy20, but the only option it shows is to contact HP by phone. Keep in mind this laptop is out of warranty. However, let me restate my problem as I think something may have been lost in translation.

I had to replace the motherboard on my HP 2000-2b19WM due to a fracture on the board. With the replacement board installed, it shows a bios error shortly afer the unit is powered on. It says "The Product Name, Product Number, and Product Serial Number is missing or corrupt. Press Enter to continue". When I press enter the pc starts fine and Windows 10 operates normally.

When I look at the bios information it does show a blank spot for the above mentioned catagories. In addition, the "Born on Date" reflects a date of 00/00/0000. I woud like to have this pc boot without this pesky error condition. How do I re-populate these fields?

HP Recommended

@middletown0211

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via PM. 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @middletown0211 

Look here:

System board (00A) error occurs during PC start-up:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/System-board-00A-error-occurs-during-PC-start...

REO

HP Recommended

Hi. I have the same issue. Could you solve it?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@kuhne Welcome to HP Forums Community!

On startup, a warning message displays, indicating that the system has found an invalid serial number:

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid. 
System Board (00A) - Product Configuration

You might see this message after the system board is replaced. The message indicates that the serial number was not entered, or was entered incorrectly, after replacing the system board or another component.

To resolve this issue, contact HP using the Contact Support tab at the top of this screen. You will be asked to provide the fourteen-digit System Board Commodity Tracking (CT) Number. Use the steps in one of the following sections to find the CT Number:

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.