Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

The other day I decided to turn my envy off for the first time in roughly a week. I usually just leave it on, plugged into the charger, putting it into sleep mode when im not using it. For some reason, ever since then I have not been able to turn it back on. Whenever I press the power button, The power light blinks. The pattern is a single short blink every 3-5 seconds. This continues until I take the battery out. Sometimes, if I leave it be for a day or so, I am able to get the computer to turn on, but It will not boot. I can hear the fan going, see the lights turn on as they are supposed to, however the screen remains black. I am under the impression that this either a hardware issue, or the CPU is just toast. either of which would suck. Normally I would take to a computer shop and have them look at it, but right now I'm serving in Iraq, so im SOL.

And yes, I have tried everything under the sun to get it running. I have taken the battery out and left it out for an extended period, tried turning it on with and without the ac adapter plugged in, tried to perform a hard reset, and a combination of all of them.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Last thing to try is remove the cmos (RTC) battery overnight, put it back in, if you get the bios post screen immediately enter the bios and set the date and time (before windows loads)

If you get it working, download the latest bios and install it.

Then the latest grahics driver.

Service manual for the 15t-1200

HP Recommended

Has your issue been fixed?  If so please let me know as Im having the same issue, however my notebook just turns on by it self if I leave it alone while the power light is blinking.

HP Recommended
I have the same issue. Bios and drivers upgrade does not resolve the issue.
HP Recommended
I had the same issue and this is couple of years to late to reply but just incase someone also had the same problem .
Your laptop battery is dying or dead , and your probably leave your power plug plugged all time. This is what I did and it fixed the problem

I took my battery out and power cord at the same time then press and hold the power bottom for 30 sec and plug my power cord WIThOUT the battery. Also never end used the battery again .
Hope this helped
HP Recommended

I know this is old but its a top google result for searching for this issue and I have discovered the cause. I had a customer bring this laptop in presenting the issues provided in the original post and it ended up being an overheating problem that caused some of the solder underneath the CPU to become brittle and no longer make good connectivity with the board.

Not really a DIY repair but using an infrared rework station and a constant temperature on the die of about 225 degrees celsius @ 5 minutes, the laptop has come back to life. Common issue in HP laptops but for some reason in these it presents a little differently.

You could in theory do this with a heat gun but I don't really recommend it. Hope this helps some people!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, we appreciate you posting a solution!

HP Recommended

What I did that might work is a simple procedure.

Go to HP Support, check out if the BIOS update is pending.

Click on it and follow update procedures and then restart (obviously it automatically requires it to restart after installing updates)

Then after the restart, it takes you to a HP screen where you finalize the installation process before the screen blackouts for 2-3minutes.

It boots properly and starts up normally. When I checked my battery anime after these steps, it was charging normally and saving power- HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!

I know how it feels, when I took it to a tech guy he told me it was my battery that died or my logic board must have issues (I almost cried, lol)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.