Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello 👋

I have a 640 g4 hp laptop , Yesterday I tried to upgrade the RAM of the laptop which was 8 GB to 16 GB ، But after pressing the power fan button, the laptop turned on with high volume and speed for 5 seconds and then turned off, and the Wi-Fi button and Caps Lock started flashing and then turned off for 2 seconds. But after pressing the power fan button, the laptop turned on with high volume and speed for 5 seconds and then turned off, and the Wi-Fi button and Caps Lock started flashing and then turned off for 2 seconds.

Please guide me if you can🙏🙏🙏🙏

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Memory is plug and play, so generally when the PC won't boot up, it is because the memory you installed is not compatible with your notebook at all, or not compatible with the existing 8 GB memory chip.

Exactly what brand/part number spec memory did you install?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your time🌹

The new memory that I installed is exactly the same as the previous one .

My laptop memory 👇

1001355857.jpg

 the new memory 👇

1001355856.jpg

HP Recommended

I tested the first memory but it wasent working 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you test each one separately in the same memory slot?

If you did and one is not working, then most likely that memory chip is defective.

HP Recommended

I tested both memory in two slots, but the same problem occurs again

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be since both memory chips are identical.

HP Recommended

I took the laptop to a repair shop and they told me that : the cpu might be burnt, but that is highly unlikely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.