08-05-2019 12:41 PM - edited 08-05-2019 12:44 PM
I was playing a game when my pc started slowing down. So I turned it off forcefully by holding the power button. When I try to turn it on again the power button turns on and immediately tuns off. It does this again and again and if I plug the adapter the charging light also turns off when the power button turns off. I tried to power reset it but it didnt work.
08-07-2019 03:52 PM
@leul31 Welcome to HP Community!
Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Meanwhile, Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:
- Ensure your laptop is OFF.
- Unplug all the external devices (If any).
- Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
- Connect the power supply (power adapter).
- Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
- Then put your battery back.
for more details: Click here
Check if the power button is physically damaged or stuck!
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee