11-15-2019 04:55 PM - edited 11-15-2019 04:59 PM
It's a pretty bulky laptop and it's making a fan noise every time I power it on and the screen is pitch black no light coming from it at all.
I messed up the product name it's a Windows hp 15.
I tried to use auto correct
11-18-2019 01:49 PM
@Dgame426 Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:
- check if it works fine on an external monitor, if you don't have one, check if it works in the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
- If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest performing a hard reset: click here for steps,
- Once done, it should have a display, if it does, log into safe mode & create new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
- And to resolve the Fan noise issue: click here for steps.
- However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee