Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Laptop won't and don't go pass set up screen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mcb1672,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I see you are facing difficulty with your computer not completing the first time setup. I will be glad to help. 

May I know which model are you using?

Is the notebook connected to internet/Wifi?

Recommend you to follow the steps suggested in this HP Article

Turn off the wireless or disconnect internet on your computer and restart the computer to complete the setup. 

Connect to the internet after the setup is complete, this way the updates will get installed in the background. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mcb1672,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I see you are facing difficulty with your computer not completing the first time setup. I will be glad to help. 

May I know which model are you using?

Is the notebook connected to internet/Wifi?

Recommend you to follow the steps suggested in this HP Article

Turn off the wireless or disconnect internet on your computer and restart the computer to complete the setup. 

Connect to the internet after the setup is complete, this way the updates will get installed in the background. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I too am having the issue where my laptop won't finish setup. 

Windows 10 64 bit OS with 16 gb Ram and an Intel Core 7-8750H Processor (2.2 GHZ)

I see the answer was disabling wifi. However, part of the Cortana setup automatically sets this up and I'm not able to get into the Windows settings to disable the Wifi. 

I get past the setup where it asks me if I want to use the cloud to store some of my data, and then it goes to whitescreen and does nothing else. I can only go back a step and that doesn't change anything. I can't get into the OS. 

I have NO peripheral devices added to the computer. 

Please help! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Solved again - I used the Airplane Mode hotkey to disable WIFI and it finished. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.