Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

SCENE: I started my laptop for some normal work and then I simply plugged in the charger for around 20 minutes(Laptop was in sleep mode). later I came to work again opened the lid and pressed the power button for awaking it from sleep, NO RESPONSE.

I plugged it again, NO CHARGING BLINK.

I re-seated the Battery, NO RESPONSE.

Later i checked the Internet i found that it might be the CMOS battery I took it out and checked, NO CURRENT IN CMOS.

Then I replaced it but still I am facing some problems, they are:

LAPTOP IS NOT CHARGING

CHARGER BLINK IS NOT BLINKING

HOWEVER IF DO A HARD START(removing ram, battery and CMOS and press power button for 30+ seconds), The screen shows HP boot logo and then CMOS checksum invalid error 502 press enter to reboot.  I tried both things pressing enter and not pressing enter both leads to same result= THE LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN. 

NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I TRIED EVERYTHING AVAILABLE ON INTERNET BUT THERE IS NO CASE SIMILAR TO ME.

PLEASE HELP 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Aditya_Saraswat,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, To resolve the CMOS Reset Error (502), restore the BIOS.

1. Press Enter to restart the PC.

2. If the error displays after restarting, try to restore the BIOS using a USB drive. For more information, see the "Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive" section of the following:
  3. If restoring the BIOS fails, contact HP.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.