Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x 360 13 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the BIOS I have enabled USB Boot and Disabled Secure Boot and also upgraded the AMI BIOS to version F. 16 (the latest).  I still cannot make a legacy usb stick boot, even under those circumstances.  Alas, in fact, there is no option to be seen anywhere in my BIOS menu that specifically refers to Legacy Boot.  I'm very disappointed.  I tried to chat with an HP Rep online but he didn't have a clue, and the internet connection with him finally "mysteriously" was lost.  I've read several posts- it's not a unique problem to my situation- but there seems to be no good answer in HP land .  Anyone?  Did I miss something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well I finally got it to boot a legacy usb stick!  As I mentioned earlier one of the possible fixes I tried was a BIOS upgrade through the HP website.  It made no difference.  On a whim I did it again, BIOS menu looks same as before, but it now boots to legacy usb. I have no idea what the difference is.  But doesn't matter.  Special thanks to Nidish for his phone call and concern for my problem.  He's a great asset to the HP community.  I will mark this as SOLVED.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@randolindso0 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that No Legacy Boot option new Spectre 13.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Also, try this workaround: (suggested by David PK ) 

• Tap away at the ESC key as soon as you press the power button to enter the Start-up Menu and then select the Bios Menu ( f10 ).
  • Under the System Configuration tab, expand the Boot Options Menu.
  • You need to set Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Devices to Enabled.
  • When done, press f10 and select to save the changes.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

First of all, the Boot Options Menu is no longer under the System Configuration tab.  Boot Options has its own tab.  And, as I previously said, there is NO reference to Legacy Boot in Boot Options or anywhere else in the BIOS setup.  That is the problem- NO LEGACY BOOT OPTION anywhere in the Boot Options Menu.  You obviously are looking at a different BIOS menu setup than the one on my new Spectre laptop.  Does anyone at HP even know what BIOS setup is in their product?  At this point I am very frustrated, disgusted, and disappointed in your product and in your Support. 

HP Recommended

@randolindso0

I understand your concerns and frustration

I will escalate your case to HP's Regional Escalation Team

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I finally got it to boot a legacy usb stick!  As I mentioned earlier one of the possible fixes I tried was a BIOS upgrade through the HP website.  It made no difference.  On a whim I did it again, BIOS menu looks same as before, but it now boots to legacy usb. I have no idea what the difference is.  But doesn't matter.  Special thanks to Nidish for his phone call and concern for my problem.  He's a great asset to the HP community.  I will mark this as SOLVED.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.